Calling all artists and illustrators!
Are you a budding artist looking to get your name out there? Do you love coffee? Are you a current QUT student? Then this opportunity is for you! If you would you like the chance to have one of your very own artworks featured on a coffee cup right here on campus, then keep reading!
Brewed Awakening and Glass bring you our first ever cup design competition! The Editors here at Glass cannot live without our daily coffees, and we love nothing more than when those coffees come in cute takeaway cups. We also love promoting student creativity, which is why we are hosting this competition with one of QUT’s favourite cafes, Brewed Awakening.
Participating in this competition is not only a great chance build your portfolio of work, but it’s also a great opportunity to get your name out there! Imagine how cool it would be to see your fellow students walking around campus, enjoying their hot drinks, with your artwork in their hands!
The winning design will be featured on custom printed cups, with the artists name proudly displayed alongside the Brewed Awakening logo and smiley.
The competition is open now and closes at 11:59pm Friday 4th August 2023. The winner will be announced during Week 3, Semester 2. Click here to enter!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your sketchbooks, unleash your creativity, and join the Brewed Awakening and Glass Cup Design Competition today!
For terms and conditions, submission guidelines and specifications, and other important information, please keep reading.
- Please submit your artwork as a high-quality PNG or JPEG, or even better, vector formats like AI or EPS.
- The design will be featured on the medium sized paper cup. See below for a cup template, if required. The artwork may be designed specifically to wrap around the cup, but other types of designs (like a standalone image) are also welcome.
- Design must be no more than four colours.
- Brewed Awakening may create more than one cup design, depending on the artwork received.
- Please note that the final cup design will include the winning artwork and the artists name or social media handle, as well as the Brewed Awakening logo and smiley.
See below for the competition Terms and Conditions. Please read these carefully before submitting an artwork:
- Eligibility: The Cup Design Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all current Queensland University of Technology students.
- Design Submission: Participants are invited to submit their cup designs (the “Designs”) in accordance with the specifications and guidelines provided by Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine. Only original Designs will be accepted, and participants must have full rights to the Designs they submit.
- Rights and Ownership: By submitting a Design to the Competition, participants grant Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, and distribute the Design for the purposes of the Competition, promoting the Competition, and future marketing and promotional activities. Participants understand and agree that they will not be entitled to any commission or compensation for the use of their Designs.
- Design credit: The winner of the cup design competition will be given full credit across Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine social media and promotional materials with the designer’s name or social media handle (as nominated in the submission form or other notification) labelled at the bottom of the design on the cup in recognition.
- Profit Allocation: Participants acknowledge and agree that they will not receive any financial compensation or profit share from sales made by Brewed Awakening relating to cups featuring the winning Design. Brewed Awakening retains the sole discretion to determine the use of the cups produced featuring the winning Design.
- Selection of Winners: The winning Design(s) will be selected through a panel of judges appointed by Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine. The decision of the judges is final and binding. Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine reserve the right to disqualify any participant or Design that violates the terms and conditions or does not meet the specified criteria.
- Winner Notification: Winner/s will be notified via email or other contact information provided during the submission process.
- Publicity: By participating in the Competition, participants grant Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine the right to use their names, likeness, and submitted Designs for promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Modification or Cancellation: Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine reserve the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Competition or these terms and conditions at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
- Limitation of Liability: Brewed Awakening and Glass Magazine, and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents shall not be held responsible for any damages, losses, or injuries arising from participation in the Competition, including but not limited to any errors or technical malfunctions.