In 2021, Glass ran an inaugural ‘Fiction Week‘, which saw fiction writers from the QUT community showcase their pieces on our website for a week in September.
We are excited to announce that Glass Fiction Week is back for 2022, and in addition, this year Glass will publish its very first fiction edition to accompany the week of online fiction, author interviews, and more.
Glass Fiction Week will run from Monday 26th September – Sunday 2nd October 2022, with a limited-print run of Glass: The Fiction Edition available during this time.
We encourage all QUT students and alums to submit their best fiction pieces for consideration by the Sunday 28th of August 2022.
- There is no limit to the number of pieces you may submit and no entry fee.
- Please ensure each piece submitted is no longer that 2,500 words.
- You may submit work that has previously been submitted for assessment, so long as it is your own original work.
- We do not usually take submissions that have been previously published elsewhere – please contact us to discuss this if it applies to your work.
- You may submit an extract from a larger body of work (i.e. a novel), but our editors will decide at their discretion whether the extract suits the publication as a standalone piece.
- Editors will use their sole discretion to decide whether your submission is included for publication.
But also: rules are made to be broken— if you have any questions or would like to chat about your submission with one of our editors, please shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Please submit here.
We can’t wait to read your work!